Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students
| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming of studying in South Korea.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
- Study in: South Korea.
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, PhD, Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: Fully Funded. See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section for mor details.
- Target group: International students.
- Deadline: April 14, 2023.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea, and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
Level/Field(s) of study
Available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
GIST scholarships are open to students of all nationalities.
Selected candidates for the GIST scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- 140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month. Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester to benefit from the above stipends. A GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester is required to benefit from meal allowance.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 5,461,249 won per year of M.S.
- 12,513,688 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 60% of National Health Insurance is supported. Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
- The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
To benefit from this university scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 550 (TOEFL PBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 285 (NEW TEPS).
All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicants who would like to benefit from this opportunity to study in Asia must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Upload all required documents to the online application platform.
- Online Application Form. Please click on the Apply button below to create an account and access the form.
- Certified Degree/Diploma and Transcripts: A certified copy of the official degree(s) of bachelor’s and master’s (for doctoral applicants) from the institution(s) attended or attending should be submitted. Certified documents with apostille attached (or Korean embassy certificate) are preferred;
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters will be received directly do recommenders. Each of the two recommenders will receive an automated email instructing them on how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your recommender with adequate time to complete them before the submission deadline. Please note that recommendation letters should be received in the system by the document submission due date;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report:
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 550(TOEFL PBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 285(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology code for ETS is 0144.
- Conditional Admissions (Extended of Deadline for English Proficiency Test Score Report).
- A Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver. A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home university or department on the prescribed form (click here to download the form). This form is only for those willing to apply for the Matriculation Fee exemption.
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (If applicable). Please click here to download the form. For more details on application documents, please click on this link.
The deadline to submit applications for the Fall Semester (starting from September 2023) is April 14, 2023. For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.gist.ac.kr/site/kr/event_2st/index_en.html
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024
University of Milan Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023| Italy
To increase the attractiveness of foreign students, the University of Milan (UniMi), Italy, is offering to its future international students 155 scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. The University of Milan Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to the best 155 applicants among all those who have applied for admissions to a master’s program before May 30, 2022. Meanwhile, a number of scholarships will be reserved for applicants in the Medicine [...]
University of Calabria Scholarships for Foreign Students 2022-2023| Italy
The University of Calabria, Italy, will award 120 fully funded scholarships to foreign students (from outside the European Union) enrolled, or to be enrolled, in undergraduate or graduate (Master’s or professional Master’s) programs. The University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) is an Italian public university. Located in Cosenza, the university was founded in 1972. It currently has approximately 26,500 students, 800 academic and researchers, [...]
EPFL Master Excellence Fellowships in Switzerland| Suisse
EPFL, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, is offering a limited number of fellowships at master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Anyone applying to an EPFL master’s program is eligible. Based in Lausanne (Switzerland), EPFL is a university whose three missions are education, research, and innovation. There are students of 112 different nationalities in EPFL. The campus lies on the shores [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students 2022
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2021 for African students. Applicants can apply for the Google scholarship to study abroad with fully funded PhD scholarships. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any African university. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue [...]
University of Birmingham Master's Scholarships in the UK| United Kingdom
University of Birmingham is delighted to be offering a major scholarship for international students, the Global Masters Scholarship, an award of £10,000 to provide support for you to study at the University of Birmingham in 2022/2023. Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfil their potential in learning and education. [...]
British Council IELTS Awards 2022-2023| Germany
Applications are now being accepted for the British Council IELTS Award 2022. The British Council IELTS Awards provide applicants with a chance to receive up to £10,000 to support their studies worldwide. The British Council IELTS Award was established with the purpose of assisting high-caliber individuals who demonstrate a strong motivation to further their career and potential to make a [...]
Government of Azerbaijan Scholarships for Citizens of OIC and NAM Member Countries 2022| Azerbaijan
Applications for the fully funded Azerbaijan scholarships program is now open for International students. The program provides an opportunity for selected candidates to study in the leading universities of Azerbaijan at the preparatory courses, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, general medicine/residency programs. About Azerbaijan Government scholarships Deadline : April 1, 2022. Level : Preparatory courses, Bachelor, Master, PhD, general medicine. Financing : Fully funded. Number of Scholarships : 40. Open to : [...]
Rotary Peace Fellowships for International Students| Australia
Each year, Rotary awards up to 130 fully funded “Peace fellowships” for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at one of our peace centers. The Rotary Peace fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and internship and field-study expenses. The Rotary Foundation will award up to 50 fully funded fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies at premier universities. Fellows can [...]
E4D Scholarships Programme at ETH Zurich 2022-2023| Suisse
The E4D, “Engineering For Development”, scholarships program at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ETH Zurich, is now open to international students and professionals for the 2022-2023 academic year. ETH is an internationally renowned technical university located in Zurich, Switzerland. The main purpose of the E4D scholarships is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with a view to contributing [...]
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarships 2023 Program| USA
The application cycle for one of the most prestigious, competitive, and highly-paid Fulbright Scholarships 2023 in the United States of America is now open to students from 160 countries around the world. Fulbright Scholarships are fully funded international scholarships offered by the United States Educational Foundation for Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs. About 4,000 scholarships are offered to foreign students [...]