Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students
| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming of studying in South Korea.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
- Study in: South Korea.
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, PhD, Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: Fully Funded. See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section for mor details.
- Target group: International students.
- Deadline: April 14, 2023.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea, and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
Level/Field(s) of study
Available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
GIST scholarships are open to students of all nationalities.
Selected candidates for the GIST scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- 140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month. Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester to benefit from the above stipends. A GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester is required to benefit from meal allowance.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 5,461,249 won per year of M.S.
- 12,513,688 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 60% of National Health Insurance is supported. Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
- The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
To benefit from this university scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 550 (TOEFL PBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 285 (NEW TEPS).
All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicants who would like to benefit from this opportunity to study in Asia must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Upload all required documents to the online application platform.
- Online Application Form. Please click on the Apply button below to create an account and access the form.
- Certified Degree/Diploma and Transcripts: A certified copy of the official degree(s) of bachelor’s and master’s (for doctoral applicants) from the institution(s) attended or attending should be submitted. Certified documents with apostille attached (or Korean embassy certificate) are preferred;
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters will be received directly do recommenders. Each of the two recommenders will receive an automated email instructing them on how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your recommender with adequate time to complete them before the submission deadline. Please note that recommendation letters should be received in the system by the document submission due date;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report:
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 550(TOEFL PBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 285(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology code for ETS is 0144.
- Conditional Admissions (Extended of Deadline for English Proficiency Test Score Report).
- A Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver. A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home university or department on the prescribed form (click here to download the form). This form is only for those willing to apply for the Matriculation Fee exemption.
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (If applicable). Please click here to download the form. For more details on application documents, please click on this link.
The deadline to submit applications for the Fall Semester (starting from September 2023) is April 14, 2023. For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.gist.ac.kr/site/kr/event_2st/index_en.html
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024
Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Students| United Kingdom
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution: University of Cambridge, United Kingdom Number of Awards: About 80 scholarships are [...]
Master's Scholarships 2023 at the University of Lausanne (UNIL)| Suisse
The University of Lausanne is happy to announce the UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 in Switzerland for the academic year 2023-24. The UNIL scholarships are awarded to high achieving students who want to pursue their masters degree from the University of Lausanne Switzerland. The UNIL Master’s Scholarships are awarded exclusively to outstanding students who have completed their bachelors degree from a [...]
Minerva Scholarship Fund at Leiden University in Netherlands - 2023| Netherlands
The Minerva Scholarship Fund at Leiden University in the Netherlands is a prestigious scholarship program that provides financial assistance to outstanding international students who wish to pursue their studies at Leiden University The scholarships are available for both bachelor’s and master’s programs, MSF amounts to Between €900 and €2000. In order to be eligible for the Minerva Scholarship, applicants must [...]
Mobil'ITI Healthtech Master Fellowship at the University of Strasbourg - 2022| France
The Interdisciplinary thematic institutes HealthTech, part of the University of Strasbourg, is offering a Mobil'ITI Healthtechen Master's Excellence Fellowship programme, taught entirely in English, with a high-level interdisciplinary course offering. Selected students will receive a monthly stipend, travel and accommodation. The Master in HealthTech at the Institut Thématique Interdisciplinaire of the University of Strasbourg is open to students with a background [...]
Politecnico di Milano Scholarships for International Students - 2022| Italy
Each year, Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI) offers several merit-based scholarships to the most talented international students admitted into a program of master’s degree in the 1st (September) or 2nd (February) semester. The majority of Politecnico di Milano master programs are taught in English. Established in 1863, Politecnico di Milano is one of the most outstanding technical universities in Europe, and the largest Italian university in Engineering, Architecture and [...]
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 in China for International Student (Fully Funded)| China
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 in China is one of the most prestigious programs for young leaders from around the world. Schwarzman Program 2023 aims to provide a platform for young leaders to promote their native cultures and establish themselves as influential young leaders. The Schwarzman Scholars Program is a fully-funded master’s scholarship program that provides Schwarzman Scholars with the opportunity to study [...]
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University 2022-2023| Australia
The Flinders University is now providing financial support to international students by awarding them the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) in Australia for the academic session 2022-2023. AGRTPS is one of the best and highly competitive scholarship programs. The study award is designed to support outstanding international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The normal duration [...]
Khalifa University Scholarships 2022-2023 in United Arab Emirates (Fully Funded)| Émirats Arabes Unis
Khalifa University Scholarships 2022 program is available to students at Arab Top University who wish to apply for a Fully Funded International Scholarship 2022. The application process for Khalifa University Scholarships 2022 has been opened for UAE Students and International Students living anywhere in the world. The Khalifa University Scholarship Program is designed to support both domestic and international students to pursue [...]
Scholarships for international students at the University of Pavia 2022-2023| Italy
In order to strengthen the presence of international students and to foster the creation of an ever more global community, the University of Pavia (UNIPV) is awarding 150 scholarships to all international students for the academic year 2022/2023. The University of Pavia will award scholarships on a “first-come, first-served” basis to students enrolling in an undergraduate or master’s program. The University of Pavia is a public university located in [...]
University of Malta Scholarships 2022-2023| Malte
The University of Malta seeks to attract high-quality students from countries outside the European Union / EEA. Tuition waivers of up to 100 percent will be granted to deserving students. The fee waiver will apply for the normal duration of the program followed. If extensions of the study period are necessary, these may not necessarily be eligible for a fee [...]