E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries. This scholarship is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): ETH Zurich.
- Study in: Switzerland.
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: Fully Funded. See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section for mor details.
- Target group: Low-income countries.
- Deadline: April 30th, 2023.
Level/Field(s) of study
All programs of the ETH Zurich continuing education programs (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship.
Eligible are professionals with a master degree and at least 2 years work experience, from countries listed in the OECD/DAC list.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (730 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low-income countries.
To qualify for the Engineering for Development scholarship, Applicants must:
- Hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- Have a minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education program requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD except from upper-middle income countries.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS program office.
Interested applicants willing to apply for this scholarship to study in Switzerland must follow steps below:
Step 1: Application to MAS, DAS or CAS program
Please consult the program webpage and/or the program management to receive information on the deadlines, program fees, application procedures and application documentation for the selected MAS, DAS or CAS program. Please click here for detailed information on program offered.
Step 2: Application to the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Program
Applications must be submitted through the online portal using the “Apply Now” button below. Submissions by e-mail will not be considered.
Note : Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS program are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education program and (II) to the E4D scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to contact the program coordinator of their chosen program regarding the timeframe of the admission process, in order to obtain the admission letter before the deadline for the scholarship application.
- CV of the candidate ;
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s) ;
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the program and the impact on the candidate’s career development and beyond;
- Two professional references ;
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS, or CAS program for the respective semester;
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D program office directly through the employer (and not the candidate) ;
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognized English certificates. If the program requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
The deadline to submit applicants is April 30, 2023. For more details on the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship, please visit the official page (link found below).
Official links and website
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at Paris-Saclay University, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Paris-Saclay for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Friday 18 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Paris-Saclay University Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering, PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target [...]