Sorbonne Nouvelle University EIFFEL Scholarship of Excellence, 2023-2024
The application campaign for the Eiffel scholarship at the Sorbonne Nouvelle University (Paris 3) for the 2023-2024 academic year is now launched. It is open from 03 October 2022 to 04 November 2022.
The University of Paris 3 (Sorbonne Nouvelle University) is the first French institution to launch the Eiffel scholarship application campaign for the academic year 2023-2024. Other institutions will launch theirs in the coming days.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): Sorbonne Nouvelle University
- Study in: France
- Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering, PhD.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section.
- Target group: International students
- Deadline: 04 November 2023.
Sorbonne Nouvelle University.
Level/Field(s) of study
The University of Paris 3 offers a range of master’s and doctoral programs in the fields of Languages, Humanities, Arts & Media, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
Master’s degrees offered by the New Sorbonne (Paris 3)
Doctoral schools of the University New Sorbonne (Paris 3)
Note: Sorbonne Nouvelle does not offer courses in the fields of science and technology, economics and finance, accounting and auditing or law. For courses that do not fall under the expertise of the Sorbonne Nouvelle, you must contact another institution.
Number of Scholarships
EIFFEL scholarships are awarded to foreign students.
The duration and amount of the grant vary according to the course of study:
- 24 months maximum for a M1 enrolment with a monthly allowance of €1,181
- 12 months maximum for an M2 enrolment with a monthly allowance of €1,181
- 18 months maximum for enrolment in D1 with a monthly allowance of €1,700. The scholarship can be split into a maximum of 3 stays of a minimum duration of 6 months, the whole of which must take place over a total duration of 36 months, including periods outside France. Registration for a doctorate is only possible in the first year of the thesis.
In addition to this monthly amount, Campus France will pay for several services such as international transport, health insurance and accommodation.
Note: The status of "French government scholarship holder" exempts you from paying administrative registration fees in public institutions.
The conditions of eligibility for an Eiffel scholarship are
- be exclusively of foreign nationality
- be no more than 25 years old in the Master's programme after 31 March of the year in which the application is submitted (applications to study in France in 2023/24, date of birth after 31 March 1997). If your identity document does not mention the day and month of birth, we will take the date of January 1st of the year indicated.
- be no more than 30 years old in a doctorate after 31 March of the year of application (applications to study in France in 2023-2024, date of birth after 31 March 1992). If your identity document does not mention the day and month of birth, we will take the date of 1st January of the year indicated.
- wish to study in one of the fields mentioned in the table above
- submit a single application for the Eiffel scholarship programme. Applications submitted by several institutions for the same applicant will be rejected by Campus France.
- not have applied for an Eiffel scholarship in a previous year in the same level you are aiming for this year (if you are applying for a master's degree, you must not have applied for a master's degree previously and if you are applying for a doctorate, you must not have applied for a doctorate previously)
- not have been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master's level in a previous year if you are reapplying for a master's degree
- not to have received another scholarship from the French government, Erasmus+ or the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie
- for doctoral students, the application must be made only in the first year of the doctorate, in the framework of a co-direction or co-supervision of a thesis with a foreign partner institution of the Sorbonne Nouvelle
Students studying abroad have priority over those already living in France. For Master's degree applications, students already studying in France are not eligible.
To apply for an Eiffel scholarship at the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, you must send your electronic file to the Direction des Affaires Internationales (DAI), using the "Contact" box (top right).
For all candidates, the documents to be provided are:
- The CURRICULUM VITAE written in French or English, on one or two pages maximum, specifying the applicant's academic background and professional experience if applicable
- The DIPLOMAS and RANKINGS obtained with indication of the date, the speciality, the mentions and any other document attesting to the excellence, the performance of the candidate.
- The PROFESSIONAL PROJECT in line with the training, written in French or, failing that, in English, on one or two pages. This presentation may be supported by an opinion from people outside the institution, for example from a company.
- RELEVES OF NOTES for the last three years referring to an academic career in France or abroad.
- A PHOTOCOPY OF THE PASSPORT containing information on the surname, first name, date of birth and passport number.
- LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE OR DIPLOMA (if applicable).
For doctoral candidates, also include:
- The presentation of the THESIS PROJECT, written in French or in English (1 and 5 pages). This document must precisely state the subject of the thesis, the objectives and research hypotheses as well as the innovative character, impact and benefits of the project.
- The overall FUNDING PLAN for the thesis.
- The CO-TUTORIAL AGREEMENT or the ATTESTATION of CO-DIRECTION signed by the French and foreign parties including the calendar of the alternation of the stays in case of splitting.
Note: Before sending your application, you must contact us to check your eligibility and that of your chosen course for the Eiffel scholarship scheme.
The application campaign for an Eiffel scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024 is open from 03 October to 04 November 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.univ-paris3.fr/le-programme-de-bourses-d-excellence-eiffel-pour-les-etudiants-entrants-662176.kjsp
EIFFEL Scholarship Program of Excellence 2023-2024 For Foreign Students
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at the University of Caen Normandy, 2023-2024
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024| Suisse
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]