Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students
| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming of studying in South Korea.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
- Study in: South Korea.
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, PhD, Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: Fully Funded. See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section for mor details.
- Target group: International students.
- Deadline: April 14, 2023.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea, and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
Level/Field(s) of study
Available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
GIST scholarships are open to students of all nationalities.
Selected candidates for the GIST scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- 140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month. Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester to benefit from the above stipends. A GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester is required to benefit from meal allowance.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 5,461,249 won per year of M.S.
- 12,513,688 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 60% of National Health Insurance is supported. Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
- The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
To benefit from this university scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 550 (TOEFL PBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 285 (NEW TEPS).
All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicants who would like to benefit from this opportunity to study in Asia must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Upload all required documents to the online application platform.
- Online Application Form. Please click on the Apply button below to create an account and access the form.
- Certified Degree/Diploma and Transcripts: A certified copy of the official degree(s) of bachelor’s and master’s (for doctoral applicants) from the institution(s) attended or attending should be submitted. Certified documents with apostille attached (or Korean embassy certificate) are preferred;
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters will be received directly do recommenders. Each of the two recommenders will receive an automated email instructing them on how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your recommender with adequate time to complete them before the submission deadline. Please note that recommendation letters should be received in the system by the document submission due date;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report:
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 550(TOEFL PBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 285(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology code for ETS is 0144.
- Conditional Admissions (Extended of Deadline for English Proficiency Test Score Report).
- A Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver. A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home university or department on the prescribed form (click here to download the form). This form is only for those willing to apply for the Matriculation Fee exemption.
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (If applicable). Please click here to download the form. For more details on application documents, please click on this link.
The deadline to submit applications for the Fall Semester (starting from September 2023) is April 14, 2023. For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.gist.ac.kr/site/kr/event_2st/index_en.html
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024
Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024| Netherlands
Applications for the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships (UTS) are now open for the 2023-2024 academic year. The program is very selective, only applicants demonstrating the highest achievement and promise may receive a scholarship. The value of the scholarships is up to 17,000 euros. Utrecht University is a Dutch public institution founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the [...]
Hansen Leadership Institute Fellows Program, 2023| USA
Applications are open for the 2023 Hansen Leadership Institute Fellows. The Hansen Leadership Institute (HLI) is an exciting international program that brings together and trains future leaders from across the world in order to promote world peace and international cooperation. The Hansen Leadership Institute is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. [...]
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship| Canada
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments of an international student beginning their undergraduate studies at the University in the Fall term. The criteria for the Scholarship includes not only academic excellence but also accomplishments outside the classroom. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Calgary Study in: Canada Level/Field(s) of [...]
University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students - 2023| Canada
University of British Columbia recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $30 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships and other forms of financial assistance for international undergraduate students. UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers who have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a [...]
Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarships at University of Toronto 2023| Canada
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. [...]
ENS International Selection Scholarships 2023| France
Each year, École Normale Supérieure (ENS) organizes an international selection allowing the most promising international students, either in Science or in Arts & Humanities, to follow a Masters Degree at the University. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): École Normale Supérieure in Paris, France. Study in: France. Level/Field(s) of study: Master’s Degree at ENS in the fields of Science or Arts & [...]
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 For Foreign Scholars and Artists| Suisse
Each year, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level. [...]
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)| Canada
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Study in: Canada Level/Field(s) of [...]
British Chevening Scholarships in UK for International Students| United Kingdom
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Any university in the UK Study [...]
AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women| USA
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Accredited U.S. institutions Study in: USA Level/Field(s) of study: Graduate and postgraduate studies Number [...]