University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students - 2023
University of British Columbia recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $30 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships and other forms of financial assistance for international undergraduate students.
UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers who have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a desire to create global change, and they are dedicated to giving back to their schools and communities.
UBC’s International Scholars are part of the International Scholars Program, which offers the chance to:
Earn a globally recognized degree at a top university,
Study with the brightest students in the world,
Take advantage of unique learning opportunities and
Access dedicated advising and support.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia
- Study in: Canada
- Level/Field(s) of study: Undergraduate programme
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50 scholarships each year
- Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section.
- Target group: International students.
- Deadline: 15 November 2022.
University of British Columbia, Canada.
Level/Field(s) of study
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Number of Scholarships
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards. You won’t select which award you wish to receive when you submit your application – UBC’s team will automatically consider you for the awards that you are eligible for.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, exceptional leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without significant financial assistance.
International Impact Award
This award is offered to exceptional students who have expressed commitment to and solutions for social justice issues, climate change, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, and freedom of expression.
Vantage One Excellence Award
This award is offered by UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC . The awards range in value up to the full cost of a student’s academic program and living expenses.
International students from around the world.
The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than one year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement.
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
UBC will consider you for the Vantage One Excellence Award if:
- All previous eligibility criteria apply, except you must not yet meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC.
- You must meet the UBC Vantage College admission requirements, including the English requirements for Vantage College.
- You must be coming directly from high school
- You must be beginning your undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.
Applications for the 2023 school year are now open.
1. Review the application page for the International Scholars Program.
3. To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee.
- Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you. A single high school, college, or university may nominate up to three students for UBC Vancouver (including Vantage College), and one student for UBC Okanagan. A non-profit may only nominate a high school student who is involved with their organization. This nomination will count towards the total nominations permitted from a student’s school.
- Inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program and advise them of the November 15, 2022 application deadline. Your nominator should be your school counsellor or equivalent, and your academic referee should be someone who is familiar with you and your work – for example, your teacher for your chosen area of study.
4. Gather your required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards.
5. Apply for the International Scholars Program by submitting the application by the November 15 deadline.
6. Submit your admissions application to UBC by the December 1 deadline.
All award applicants must submit their full award application (including the nomination and reference form) by 11:59 PM PST November 15, 2022.
Award applicants must also complete their UBC admissions application by 11:59 PM PST December 1, 2022. To apply to UBC, please visit https://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/how-to-apply/application
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: https://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/
Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarships at University of Toronto 2023
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024| Suisse
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]