Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program at Yale University
The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program is a four-month, full-time residential program based out of Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs. The Program runs annually from mid-August to mid-December.
The Program provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
- Applicants should be between five and twenty-five years into their professional careers, with demonstrated and significant accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the United States. While applicants who hold dual citizenship with the United States are eligible, strong preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participating in the program.
- World Fellows are required to be in residence at Yale University in New Haven for the entirety of the program which runs from mid-August through mid-December.
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity.
- A commitment to the good society and to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- A promise of a future career in leadership and notable global impact.
- A special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- A likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus.
- A commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one, or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
Good Society. World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
Salon. World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views.
World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty. Fellows are introduced to the campus during our annual World Fellows Night open house, which draws hundreds of attendees.
World Fellows mentor students (both undergraduate and graduate) who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale.
Fellows have the opportunity to explore our dynamic region, both on their own and during our group trips to New York City and Washington, DC, plus a retreat in the beautiful Berkshire mountains.
- The application process for admission to the World Fellows Program is done entirely online. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or other cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a résumé/curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), a personal statement (maximum 1000 words), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants also have the option of submitting a brief video statement. Comprehensive instructions can be found within the online application once you create an account.
- Most questions about the program and the application process can be answered by reviewing this website and the common questions page. If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at email@example.com. Please do not send multiple emails regarding one issue, and please do not email staff individually.
For More Information:
African ChangeMakers Scholarship for young innovators
Google for Startups Accelerator Africa 2022 Program
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024| Suisse
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]