Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master's Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
The academic year commences July/August 2022.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master's Degree programmes on the 31st July 2022.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Programmes offered and entry qualifications
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – www.kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
* only programmes offered under BDGS Scholarship as per advertisement for Academic Year 2022/2023.
Terms and conditions of the scholarship
Terms and conditions of the scholarship will be provided to successful applicants who will be awarded the scholarship. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to the terms and conditions upon acceptance of the scholarship.
The terms and conditions include the following:
1. The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient's country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient's country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient's personal effects to the country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are, however, urged to obtain additional insurance prior to travelling to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at their own expense.
2. This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.
3. A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
4. A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country's representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
5. A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
6. Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
Application procedure and closing dates
1. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2022/2023
2. Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant's country.
3. Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
4. Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
(NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
5. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
6. The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2022.
7. An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit for a written examination to assess the applicant's proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
8. The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
9. For further enquiries please contact: E-mail: queriesBDGS2022@mfa.gov.bn
For more information, visit the official Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship announcement website.
AGA KHAN Foundation scholarships for international students 2022-2023
University of Paris-Saclay IDEX International Master's Scholarships 2022-2023
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024| Suisse
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]