Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students 2022
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2021 for African students. Applicants can apply for the Google scholarship to study abroad with fully funded PhD scholarships.
Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any African university. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies.
About Google Phd Fellowship
The Google Doctoral Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students performing outstanding and innovative research in fields relevant to computer science and related fields.
Google offers scholarships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
Currently, only scholarships for African students are available.
The number of scholarships is unlimited. Google will fund any interesting candidate.
Benefits of Google Phd Fellowship
Fellows will have the following benefits:
- USD 30,000 to cover stipends and other research-related activities, travel expenses, including overseas travel
- A scholarship for up to 3 years,
- Will be paired with a Google Search Mentor,
- The funds are given without restriction, the candidate can spend it according to their needs.
Eligibility for Google Phd Fellowship
For current doctoral students:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time doctoral program at a university in Africa.
- Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time doctoral program and are transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students must be early doctoral students, that is, they must not have had more than one year of their doctorate. Applicants for the 2021 scholarship must have started their program on or after January 1, 2021.
- Students must remain enrolled in the doctoral program for the duration of the scholarship or forfeit the scholarship.
- Applicants should be pursuing a doctorate in computer science or related fields.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate scholarship are not eligible.
For current undergraduate / masters students and professionals:
- The award of the scholarship to this category of applicants is contingent upon their enrollment in a full-time doctoral program at a university in Africa during the calendar year of the scholarship.
- Student applicants must be full-time undergraduate or masters students enrolled in an African university. Professionals must be employed / affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google scholarship will be dependent on the scholarship being enrolled in the full-time doctoral program at an African university, computer science or related fields, in the calendar year 2021, or the scholarship will be canceled.
- Awarding of the Google scholarship does not mean admission to a university’s doctoral program. The scholarship holder must also complete the doctoral admission process of the institute / university where they wish to apply for the doctoral degree.
- The awarding of the Google scholarship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute / university where the scholarship holder is enrolled in the doctoral program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the research proposal, the impact of the research, the academic achievements of the students, and the potential for leadership.
Students will need the following documents (all documents must be submitted in English.):
- Candidate’s CV with links to website and publications (if available),
- Transcripts available from the first year / semester of the license to date,
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages, excluding references)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the candidate’s work (at least one from the thesis advisor for current doctoral students)
- Short CV (a page) of the student’s doctoral program advisor,
- An essay answer (limit of 350 words) on the question: What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and the educational goals this scholarship will allow you to accomplish.
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, April 22, 2021 5:00 a.m. PT.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or visit the official Google Africa scholarship website.
For more information, visit the official website of the Fellowship.
University of Birmingham Master's Scholarships in the UK
EPFL Master Excellence Fellowships in Switzerland
WASCAL Scholarships for ECOWAS Member Countries| Ivory Coast
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to announce application for its International Master Program in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH) in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries partners namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo-Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Guinea [...]
Google PhD Fellowship Program for International Student
Google has just announced its doctoral scholarship program for the year 2023 for international students. Applications are open to computer science students (or an adjacent field) from any university in the world. You will not be called upon to relocate (change your country) or university. You will continue your studies at your original university, Google will fund your studies. The Google Doctoral Fellowship [...]
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for African Students 2024| South Africa
Applications for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are now open, for the 2023-2024 academic year, until April 20, 2023. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a program created in honor of Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. This scholarship provides full funding for the costs associated with your studies for a one-year honors degree or two-year master's degree [...]
Queen Mary University of London DEEPMIND Master's Scholarship 2023| United Kingdom
Are you looking for a scholarship to pursue your master's degree in the UK? If so, then you should consider applying for the Queen Mary University DEEPMIND scholarship. The DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science. [...]
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024| Suisse
Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity [...]
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs. The scholarship is fully-funded [...]
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023| Roumanie
Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), offers a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries. The Romanian government scholarships are offered for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate. Applicants can select the program of study they are interested in from all fields, except medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. Scholarships are awarded [...]
University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2023 in Switzerland| Suisse
The University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, via its School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine, proposes a fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program for international students for the 2023 summer break. During 8 weeks in July and August, the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) program hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in [...]
EIFFEL Master's Scholarships for Excellence at Université Grenoble Alpes, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at Université Grenoble Alpes for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Tuesday 15 November 2022. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): Université Grenoble Alpes Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), Engineering Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students Deadline: 15 November 2023. [...]
EIFFEL Excellence Scholarships at University of Orléans, 2023-2024| France
The call for applications for the 2023 Eiffel Scholarships at the University of Orleans for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year is now open until Thursday 17 November 2022, at 23:59. Summary of the scholarship Host Institution(s): University of Orleans Study in: France Level/Field(s) of study: Master (M1 et M2), PhD Number of Scholarships: Not specified Funding: See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section. Target group: International students [...]