Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students
| South Korea
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming of studying in South Korea.
Summary of the scholarship
- Host Institution(s): The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
- Study in: South Korea.
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, PhD, Research
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Funding: Fully Funded. See "Scholarship value/inclusions" section for mor details.
- Target group: International students.
- Deadline: April 14, 2023.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea, and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
Level/Field(s) of study
Available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
GIST scholarships are open to students of all nationalities.
Selected candidates for the GIST scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- 140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month. Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester to benefit from the above stipends. A GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester is required to benefit from meal allowance.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 5,461,249 won per year of M.S.
- 12,513,688 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 60% of National Health Insurance is supported. Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
- The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
To benefit from this university scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 550 (TOEFL PBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 285 (NEW TEPS).
All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicants who would like to benefit from this opportunity to study in Asia must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Upload all required documents to the online application platform.
- Online Application Form. Please click on the Apply button below to create an account and access the form.
- Certified Degree/Diploma and Transcripts: A certified copy of the official degree(s) of bachelor’s and master’s (for doctoral applicants) from the institution(s) attended or attending should be submitted. Certified documents with apostille attached (or Korean embassy certificate) are preferred;
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters will be received directly do recommenders. Each of the two recommenders will receive an automated email instructing them on how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your recommender with adequate time to complete them before the submission deadline. Please note that recommendation letters should be received in the system by the document submission due date;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report:
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 550(TOEFL PBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 285(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology code for ETS is 0144.
- Conditional Admissions (Extended of Deadline for English Proficiency Test Score Report).
- A Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver. A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home university or department on the prescribed form (click here to download the form). This form is only for those willing to apply for the Matriculation Fee exemption.
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (If applicable). Please click here to download the form. For more details on application documents, please click on this link.
The deadline to submit applications for the Fall Semester (starting from September 2023) is April 14, 2023. For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.gist.ac.kr/site/kr/event_2st/index_en.html
Romanian Government Scholarships 2023
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship In Switzerland, 2023-2024
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 at the University of La Réunion| France
The 2022 call for applications for the Eiffel scholarship programme has been launched. As every year, the University of La Réunion participates in this Eiffel scholarship programme and the applications will be forwarded to Campus France by the International Relations Department in accordance with the procedure applicable to all institutions. The Eiffel scholarship programme is a tool developed by [...]
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 at the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon - ENS Lyon| France
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme is a programme of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs whose primary objective is to train future foreign decision-makers, in the private and public sectors, in French higher education institutions, in priority fields of study. Submit your application before 26 November 2021. Who is it for? The Eiffel Excellence Scholarships are for [...]
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 at the University of Evry-Val-d'Essonne| France
Presentation of the programme The Eiffel scholarship programme of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs is designed to attract the best international students to Master's and Doctorate level courses. The Eiffel scholarship, intended for candidates who demonstrate excellence, can only be awarded once in the student's entire career. The fields of study concerned by the Eiffel scholarships [...]
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 at the Bordeaux Polytechnic Institute - Bordeaux INP| France
The Eiffel Scholarship Programme was created by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to enrol in their Masters and PhD programmes. Bordeaux INP accepts applications from foreign students with a Master's degree or a PhD to join its engineering schools: Biotechnology Chemistry, Biology, Physics Cognitics [...]
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 at Grenoble Alpes University (Master level)| France
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was created by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to enrol in their Masters and PhD programmes. Please contact the Collège Doctoral for applications at doctoral level. The Eiffel Scholarship offers merit-based scholarships to foreign students. Note: Only French higher [...]
Eiffel 2022 Excellence Scholarships at the University of Paris III - Sorbonne Nouvelle| France
Presentation of the Eiffel scholarship programme The Eiffel Scholarship Programme is a tool developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to master's and doctoral degree programmes. Fields of study Two main disciplinary fields covering seven areas of study are concerned by the Eiffel scholarships: [...]
Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2022 (Scholarships available)| USA
The Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2022 is open for application! Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is one of the most globally diverse, two-week academic summer programs in the world. Serving over 2,000 students from over 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states, YYGS distributes over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students. [...]
Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship at Sciences Po in France| France
Applications are open for the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship 2022. The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation was established in 2005 to realize the vision of its founder, Geneviève McMillan (1922-2008), and to commemorate the life and work of her friend, the artist Reba Stewart (1930-1971). The scholarship celebrates McMillan’s passion for the African continent. Since 2010, the McMillan-Stewart Foundation [...]
U.S.-MEPI (Middle East Partnership Initiative) Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2022| USA
Applications for the U.S.-MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2022 are now open. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program (TLU) supports students in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by providing undergraduate level academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development. TLU is a leadership-training program, partnering with leading U.S.-accredited universities in the MENA region to build a cadre of [...]
Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa: Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Fellowship 2022 in USA| USA
Applications are open for the Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa: Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Fellowship 2022. The Social Science Research Council offers fellowships to support the completion of doctoral degrees and to promote next generation social science research in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda. The fellowships support dissertation research on peace, security, and development topics. The [...]